Cookies N Cream Brownies Recipe
- CREAM CHEESE LAYER:
- 1 package (8 ounces) cream cheese, softened
- 1/4 cup sugar
- 1 egg
- 1/2 teaspoon vanilla extract
- BROWNIE LAYER:
- 1/2 cup butter or margarine, melted
- 1/2 cup sugar
- 1/2 cup packed brown sugar
- 1/2 cup baking cocoa
- 2 eggs
- 1/2 cup all-purpose flour
- 1 teaspoon baking powder
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 12 cream-filled chocolate sandwich cookies, crushed
- 1. In a small mixing bowl, beat the cream cheese, sugar, egg and vanilla until smooth; set aside.
- 2. For brownie layer, combine butter, sugars and cocoa in a large mixing bowl; blend well. Add eggs, one at a time, beating well after each addition. Combine flour and baking powder; stir into the cocoa mixture. Stir in vanilla and cookie crumbs. Pour into a greased 11-in. x 7-in. baking pan. Spoon cream cheese mixture over batter; cut through batter with a knife to swirl. Bake at 350° for 25-30 minutes or until a toothpick inserted near the center comes out with moist crumbs. Cool completely. Yield: 2 dozen.
1 each: 159 calories, 9g fat (5g saturated fat), 47mg cholesterol, 130mg sodium, 18g carbohydrate (13g sugars, 1g fiber), 2g protein.
Reviews for Cookies N Cream Brownies
"I switched regular Oreos for the mint variety. Thought the family would go crazy for this recipe. Flavor was just so-so and while deep in chocolate flavor the the base, overall was not a favorite. Love the concept though and it's certainly a visually appealing recipe."
"I've made these before & they're scrumptious! Thank you, Darlene, for sharing your tried & true recipes from TOH!"
"These are moist and delicious and not sickie sweet! My family and I love these. These brownies are amazing!"
"I wish that "maybe" were a choice for the question. I might make these again, I'm not sure. The batter for the brownie part was fluffy which seemed strange to me. I didn't add the sandwich cookies because I forgot to pick some up at the store. I added mint extract instead of the vanilla to the top layer. The top layer made it very hard to tell when the brownies were done. I had to use an 8x8 pan because I don't own an 11x7 one. I thought using a bigger one wouldn't work well making them too thin. I just found them ok tasting. The brownie part is kinda blah and I'd prefer the top layer to be sweeter than it is."
"I made these for a party I attended. They were a big hit."
"These brownies were delicious. The cream cheese topping that you swirl into the chocolate part really makes them moist and yummy!"
"I had a box of Girl Scout Thin Mints & substituted 24 of them for the 12 sandwich cookies. They were at hit with my co-workers."