- 1 package (9 ounces) yellow cake mix
- 2/3 cup quick-cooking oats
- 1/2 cup butter, melted
- 1 large egg
- 1/2 cup milk chocolate M&M's or butterscotch chips
- In a large bowl, beat the first four ingredients until well blended. Stir in the M&M's or chips.
- Drop by tablespoonfuls 2 in. apart onto ungreased baking sheets. Bake at 375° for 10-12 minutes or until lightly browned. Immediately remove to wire racks to cool. Yield: 2 dozen.
Reviews forCookies in a Jiffy
"I have to give this five stars because my mom created this recipe and gave it the name, "Cookies in a jiffy. I am Clara Hielkema's daughter. She died in 1998 at the age of 92 . She would have been delighted to know her cookies since went on to be published in four cook books and has gone viral on the internet."
"This is not really a recipe for "homemade" cookies. Once you use a store-bought mix, it's not homemade anymore."
"Jiffy makes a 9 oz Golden Yellow cake mix."
"These cookies are easy and delicious; but I prefer them with the butterscotch chips!"