Cookies For a Crowd
Total TimePrep: 20 min. Bake: 10 min./batch
Makesabout 20 dozen
- 4 cups shortening
- 4 cups peanut butter
- 4 cups packed brown sugar
- 4 cups sugar
- 8 eggs
- 4 teaspoons vanilla extract
- 10 cups all-purpose flour
- 4 teaspoons baking soda
- 4 teapoons salt
- 1 cup chopped salted peanuts, optional
- In a large bowl, cream the shortening, peanut butter and sugars until light and fluffy. Beat in eggs one at a time; beating well after each addition. Beat in vanilla. Combine the flour, baking soda and salt; add to creamed mixture and mix well. Stir in peanuts if desired.
- Drop by rounded teaspoonfuls 2 in. apart onto ungreased baking sheets. Flatten with a fork if desired. Bake at 350° for 10-12 minutes or until set.
Nutrition Facts2 each: 206 calories, 11g fat (3g saturated fat), 14mg cholesterol, 168mg sodium, 23g carbohydrate (14g sugars, 1g fiber), 4g protein.
Follow along as we show you how to make these fantastic recipes from our archive.
Feb 16, 2013
I have been making these for years, ever since they 1st appeared in the magazine. It has been made many times for school & church events. Kids love them...although I have found that most prefer creamy peanut butter & none of the "optional" peanuts. When my "non-breakfast-eating" kids were younger, I allowed them to eat them for breakfast...healthier than a pop tart, I always figured! My college student still requests these!