Cookies and Cream Stuffed Santa Bellies
These cute cookies are a great conversation starter on a cookie tray, and the kids love 'em! If your kitchen is warm from baking all day, chill your dough for a bit before rolling it out. —Crystal Schlueter, Northglenn, CO
Total TimePrep: 55 min. + chilling Bake: 10 min./batch + cooling
Makesabout 2 dozen
- 1 cup unsalted butter, softened
- 1 cup sugar
- 2 large eggs, room temperature
- 1 tablespoon vanilla extract
- 3-1/2 cups all-purpose flour
- 1 tablespoon baking powder
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 6 to 7 Hershey's Cookies 'n' Creme candy bars (1.55 ounces each), broken into 3-section pieces
- 2-1/2 cups vanilla frosting
- Red, black and yellow paste food coloring
- Cream butter and sugar until light and fluffy. Beat in eggs and vanilla. In another bowl, whisk together flour, baking powder and salt; gradually beat into creamed mixture. Divide dough in half; shape each into a disk. Wrap and refrigerate until firm enough to roll, at least 1 hour.
- Preheat oven to 350°. On a lightly floured surface, roll each portion of dough to 1/8-in. thickness. Cut with a floured 3-in. round cutter.
- Place half of the circles 1 in. apart on ungreased baking sheets; top with candy bar pieces. Top with remaining circles, pinching edges to seal.
- Bake until bottoms are light brown, 10-12 minutes. Remove from pans to wire racks; cool completely.
- Tint 1-2/3 cups frosting red; spread over cookies. Tint 2/3 cup frosting black; pipe belts and buttons over top. Tint remaining frosting yellow; pipe buckles on belts.
Test Kitchen tips
Nutrition Facts1 filled cookie: 350 calories, 16g fat (8g saturated fat), 37mg cholesterol, 202mg sodium, 49g carbohydrate (30g sugars, 0 fiber), 3g protein.
Originally published as Cookies & Cream Stuffed Santa Bellies in Simple & Delicious December/January 2018
Follow along as we show you how to make these fantastic recipes from our archive.