The kids will have a blast making these fun chocolate covered treats. Decorate into flower shapes, smiley faces or even rainbows!—Maria Regakis of Somerville, Massachusetts
Total TimePrep/Total Time: 30 min.
- 1/4 cup creamy peanut butter
- 20 vanilla wafers
- 10 Popsicle sticks
- 4 ounces milk chocolate candy coating, chopped
- 1 teaspoon shortening
- M&M's miniature baking bits, optional
- Spread peanut butter over the flat side of 10 vanilla wafers, about 1 teaspoon on each. Top each with a Popsicle stick and another vanilla wafer. Place on a waxed paper-lined baking sheet; freeze for 7 minutes.
- In a microwave, melt candy coating and shortening; stir until smooth. Dip cookie pops into chocolate; allow excess to drip off. Return to baking sheet.
- Decorate with baking bits if desired. Freeze for 5-6 minutes or until chocolate is set. Store in an airtight container at room temperature.
Nutrition Facts1 each: 133 calories, 8g fat (4g saturated fat), 1mg cholesterol, 53mg sodium, 15g carbohydrate (10g sugars, 1g fiber), 2g protein. Diabetic Exchanges: 1-1/2 fat, 1 starch.
Originally published as Chocolate Peanut Butter Cookie Pops in Simple & Delicious May/June 2008
Follow along as we show you how to make these fantastic recipes from our archive.