Cookie Lollipops Recipe
- 1 package (10 to 12 ounces) white baking chips
- 2 tablespoons shortening, divided
- 1 package (15.35 ounces) double-stuffed Oreo cookies
- 32 wooden Popsicle or craft sticks
- 1 cup (6 ounces) semisweet chocolate chips
- 1. In a microwave, melt white chips and 1 tablespoon shortening at 70% power for 1 minute; stir. Microwave at additional 10- to 20-second intervals, stirring until smooth.
- 2. Twist apart sandwich cookies. Dip the end of each Popsicle stick into melted chips; place on a cookie half and top with another half.
- 3. Place cookies on a waxed paper-lined baking sheets; freeze for 15 minutes. Reheat chip mixture again if necessary. Dip frozen cookies into mixture until completely covered; allow excess to drip off. Return to the baking sheet; freeze 30 minutes longer or until set.
- 4. Melt the chocolate chips and remaining shortening; stir until smooth. Drizzle over cookies. Store in an airtight container. Yield: 32 servings.
1 each: 160 calories, 9g fat (4g saturated fat), 2mg cholesterol, 80mg sodium, 19g carbohydrate (3g sugars, 1g fiber), 1g protein.
Reviews for Cookie Lollipops
"Wow, what a simple and wonderful idea! I don't know how I never thought of it. :) Thank you for posting it. I just made them with my three-year-old niece and we had a ball."
"This is a keeper. Made for my husband and his co-workers and they took some home to their children. Everyone loved them."
"Fun to make. I let my two-year old drop sprinkles over the melted chocolate at the end."
"I made these for my son's birthday treat at school. The next day I had mom's asking me for the recipe. Kids love these!"
"Hm, now this project would help to "entertain" a houseful of grand-young'uns."