Cookie Jar Nut Cookies
I started collecting cookie recipes when I was a teenager. These chewy spice cookies were some of the first I ever made, and they're still a favorite today. They can be found in my cookie jar whenever someone stops by.
Total TimePrep: 15 min. Bake: 10 min./batch
- 1 cup butter, softened
- 2 cups packed brown sugar
- 2 large eggs, room temperature
- 1/4 cup whole milk
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 3 cups all-purpose flour
- 1 teaspoon baking soda
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1 teaspoon ground nutmeg
- 1 cup chopped walnuts
- In a large bowl, cream butter and brown sugar until light and fluffy. Add eggs, one at a time, beating well after each addition. Beat in milk and vanilla. Combine the flour, baking soda, salt and nutmeg; gradually add to the creamed mixture and mix well. Stir in walnuts.
- Drop by rounded teaspoonfuls 2 in. apart onto ungreased baking sheets. Flatten with a glass dipped in sugar. Bake at 350° for 10-12 minutes or until lightly browned. Remove to wire racks to cool.
Nutrition Facts2 each: 104 calories, 5g fat (2g saturated fat), 17mg cholesterol, 108mg sodium, 14g carbohydrate (8g sugars, 0 fiber), 2g protein.
Originally published as Cookie Jar Nut Cookies in Best of Country Cookies
Follow along as we show you how to make these fantastic recipes from our archive.