Cookie Dough Cupcakes with Ganache Frosting
Total TimePrep: 25 min. + chilling Bake: 20 min.
- 1 package yellow cake mix (regular size)
- 1 cup milk
- 3 eggs
- 1/2 cup butter, melted
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 1 tube (16-1/2 ounces) refrigerated chocolate chip cookie dough
- 2 cups (12 ounces) semisweet chocolate chips
- 1 cup heavy whipping cream
- 1/2 cup miniature semisweet chocolate chips
- In a large bowl, combine the cake mix, milk, eggs, butter and vanilla; beat on low speed for 30 seconds. Beat on medium for 2 minutes.
- Fill paper-lined muffin cups one-third full. Roll tablespoonfuls of cookie dough into balls. Drop into center of each cupcake. Top with remaining batter.
- Bake at 350° for 15-20 minutes or until a toothpick comes out clean. Cool for 10 minutes before removing from pans to wire racks to cool completely.
- For frosting, in a small saucepan, melt chocolate chips with cream over low heat; stir until blended. Remove from the heat. Transfer to a small bowl; cover and refrigerate for 45-60 minutes or until mixture reaches spreading consistency, stirring every 15 minutes.
- Cut a small hole in the corner of pastry or plastic bag; insert #20 star pastry tip. Fill bag with chocolate mixture; pipe cupcakes. Sprinkle with miniature chocolate chips.
Nutrition Facts1 each: 339 calories, 19g fat (10g saturated fat), 56mg cholesterol, 227mg sodium, 41g carbohydrate (20g sugars, 1g fiber), 3g protein.
Oct 28, 2014
"Very good & easy too! Made them for my nieces birthday, and was running late so I couldn't wait for the frosting to cool so I just dipped the tops of the cupcakes in the frosting while it was warm. They turned out prefect!"Read more: https://www.tasteofhome.com/recipes/cookie-dough-cupcakes-with-ganache-frosting#ixzz3HQzcYLlv
Oct 19, 2013
Very good & easy too! Made them for my nieces birthday, and was running late so I couldn't wait for the frosting to cool so I just dipped the tops of the cupcakes in the frosting while it was warm. They turned out prefect!
Apr 19, 2010
The cookie dough just sunk to the bottom of the cupcake but everyone raved about how good they were! Instead of the ganache, I used almond flavored buttercream icing, both chocolate and regular (and sprinkles, of course!)
Jul 3, 2009
The cream is used when you melt the chips down for the icing.
May 2, 2009
What about the heavy whipping cream, I didn't see in the recipe what to do with it?Thanks,Rita
Apr 29, 2009
These cupcakes were so good and easy. Will be making again!
Apr 27, 2009
Cupcakes were great but the frosting is way too rich for my taste. I'll make the cupcakes again but will use my old stand-by butter icing.
Apr 27, 2009
my daughter and I made the cupcakes only we usede homemade cookie dough insread of boughten that way we had both cupcakes and cookies twice the dessert off of one receipe
Follow along as we show you how to make these fantastic recipes from our archive.