Zucchini are big and plentiful here, and people often joke about using them up before they multiply! Sharing zucchini—and zucchini recipes—is a good neighbor policy. This colorful and easy recipe wins raves at church and school gatherings. —Martha Fehl, Brookville, Indiana
Total TimePrep/Total Time: 15 min.
- 1 tablespoon canola oil
- 1 pound zucchini (about 3 small), cubed
- 1 to 2 garlic cloves, minced
- 1 jar (2 ounces) diced pimientos, drained
- 1 can (15-1/4 ounces) whole kernel corn, drained
- 1 teaspoon salt, optional
- 1/4 teaspoon lemon-pepper seasoning
- 1/2 cup shredded part-skim mozzarella cheese
- Heat oil in a large skillet. Saute zucchini and garlic for 3 to 4 minutes. Add the pimientos, corn, salt if desired and lemon-pepper; cook and stir for 2-3 minutes or until zucchini is tender. Sprinkle with cheese and heat until cheese is melted.
Nutrition Facts1 cup: 131 calories, 6g fat (0 saturated fat), 10mg cholesterol, 107mg sodium, 15g carbohydrate (0 sugars, 0 fiber), 8g protein. Diabetic Exchanges: 1 meat, 1 vegetable, 1/2 starch.
Originally published as Continental Zucchini in Taste of Home June/July 1993
Follow along as we show you how to make these fantastic recipes from our archive.