Continental Cheese Spread
Anyone watching their fat intake will be surprised that they can indulge in this spread with little guilt. Any leftovers can be spread on toasted bagels for alight lunch or snack. —Mrs. Thomas Wigglesworth, Absecon, New Jersey
Total TimePrep: 15 min. + chilling
- 1 package (8 ounces) fat-free cream cheese, softened
- 1 tablespoon fat-free milk
- 3 tablespoons grated Parmesan cheese
- 1 tablespoon minced fresh parsley
- 1 tablespoon minced green onion
- 1 garlic clove, minced
- 1/2 teaspoon dried thyme
- 1/8 teaspoon pepper
- Assorted crackers
- In a large bowl, beat cream cheese and milk until smooth. Beat in the Parmesan cheese, parsley, onion, garlic, thyme and pepper until well blended. Cover and refrigerate at least 1 hour. Serve with crackers.
Nutrition Facts2 tablespoons: 38 calories, 1g fat (1g saturated fat), 4mg cholesterol, 191mg sodium, 2g carbohydrate (0 sugars, 0 fiber), 5g protein.
Originally published as Continental Cheese Spread in Country Woman November/December 1993