- 3 large tomatoes, chopped
- 1 small red onion, halved and thinly sliced
- 1/3 cup chopped green onions
- 1/4 cup balsamic vinegar
- 3 tablespoons minced fresh basil
- 1 tablespoon minced fresh cilantro
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1/2 teaspoon pepper
- 4 cups fresh corn (about 9 ears of corn)
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- 3 garlic cloves, peeled and thinly sliced
- 1 tablespoon Dijon mustard
- In a large bowl, combine the first eight ingredients. In a large skillet, saute corn in oil until tender. Add garlic; cook 1 minute longer. Stir in mustard. Add to vegetable mixture; toss to coat. Serve with a slotted spoon. Yield: 7 servings.
Reviews forContest-Winning Tomato Corn Salad
"This was excellent. I used fresh pick corn and took it off the cob. Very/ fresh and flavorful!! A winner at my dinner table. The left overs I extended the next day with more tomatoes and orange peppers with a tad of jalapeno. Excellent!!!"
"I thought this was just average. The flavor is different and fresh tasting, just a little too intense."
"I just made this without the red onion and cilantro, since I didn't have any. Very good summer flavor, refreshing. If you are diabetic and can't eat this, I don't understand why you would give this recipe a bad rating. I can no longer eat shrimp because I'm allergic, but I don't post bad ratings on recipes that feature shrimp."
"Fabulous salad! Delicious warm or cold. I'm not a fan of cilantro so I substituted fresh parsley. I made this with the last fresh corn of the season ... didn't need 9 ears, I got over 5 cups using 6 ears, depends on the size of the ears I'm sure. So good with fresh vegetables and herbs from the farmstand and/or garden."
"This was AWFUL"
"I don't have access to fresh herbs unless I buy them at the store, do you think it would taste just as good using the spiced herbs? Really want to try this...sounds very light and refreshing. Thanks"
"great way to showcase summer produce! It made a perfect side to grilled chicken."
"full of flavor"
"popped full of flavors"
"Made this for a large reunion, many great comments. Had to give out the recipe to quite a few, wonderful fresh flavors. It is a keeper!"