- 2 pounds lean ground beef
- 1 small onion, chopped
- 3 cans (4 ounces each) chopped green chilies
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1 teaspoon pepper
- 1 can (15 to 16 ounces) pinto beans, rinsed and drained
- 1 can (16 ounces) lima beans, rinsed and drained
- 1 package (1-1/4 ounces) taco seasoning
- 1-1/2 cups water
- 1 package (1 ounce) ranch dressing mix
- 1 can (14-1/2 ounces) hominy, drained
- 3 cans (14-1/2 ounces each) stewed tomatoes
- 1 can (15 to 16 ounces) red kidney beans, rinsed and drained
- Shredded cheddar cheese, optional
- Tortilla chips, optional
- In a large Dutch oven or kettle, brown beef and onion. Drain any fat. Add all remaining ingredients except last two; bring to a boil. Reduce heat and simmer 30 minutes. Top with cheese and serve with chips, if desired. Yield: 10 servings.
Reviews forContest-Winning Taco Soup
"This was fabulous. I left out the Lima beans only because my husband is not a fan. I did throw all in crock pot on high for four hours. I served with pumpkin corn bread from Trader Joes."
"This is sooo delicious with a dollop of sour cream. Instead of lima beans, I use 2 cans of kidney beans."