Guests often try to guess the secret ingredient in this. None think of strawberries...but many ask for the recipe. Our six children—all daughters—are grown, and we have 10 grandchildren. Knitting is among my hobbies, so I plan on making an afghan for all 16 of them. So far, I've finished 10!
Recommended: 75 Delicious Ways to Eat Corn on (and off) the Cob
VERIFIED BY Taste of Home Test Kitchen
- 2-1/2 cups finely chopped fresh strawberries
- 1 cup chopped green pepper
- 2 tablespoons chopped green onions
- 2 tablespoons minced fresh parsley
- 1/3 cup prepared Catalina salad dressing
- Dash hot pepper sauce
- Pepper to taste
- Tortilla chips
- In a large bowl, combine the strawberries, green pepper, onions and parsley. Stir in the salad dressing, hot pepper sauce and pepper. Cover and refrigerate for 2 hours. Serve with tortilla chips. Yield: 3 cups.
Originally published as Strawberry Salsa in Country Woman May/June 1998, p33
Reviews forContest-Winning Strawberry Salsa
Click stars to rate
Any changes to your rating or review will appear where you originally posted your review
Reviewed Mar. 16, 2013
"I was expecting too sweet but it was surprisingly fresh"
Reviewed Jun. 23, 2011
"I brought this to a couple picnics and it has been a big hit! easy to make and delicious!"