- 2 pounds small red potatoes, quartered
- 1/4 cup olive oil
- 3/4 teaspoon salt, divided
- 1/2 teaspoon pepper, divided
- 3 ounces cream cheese, softened
- 1/2 cup sour cream
- 1 can (4 ounces) chopped green chilies
- 1 teaspoon smoked paprika
- 1/2 teaspoon garlic powder
- 1 can (15-1/4 ounces) whole kernel corn, drained
- 1 small red onion, finely chopped
- 1 small sweet red pepper, finely chopped
- 1/3 cup minced fresh cilantro
- Toss potatoes with oil, 1/2 teaspoon salt and 1/4 teaspoon pepper; place in a greased 15x10x1-in. baking pan. Bake at 400° for 30-35 minutes or until tender, stirring once. Cool slightly.
- For dressing, in a small bowl, beat cream cheese and sour cream until smooth. Stir in the chilies, paprika, garlic powder and remaining salt and pepper.
- In a large bowl, combine the corn, onion, red pepper and potatoes. Add 1 cup dressing and cilantro; toss to coat (save remaining dressing for another use). Serve immediately. Yield: 8 servings.
Reviews forContest-Winning Roasted Red Potato Salad
"This was pretty good. From the reviews I think I expected something more, but it was still pretty tasty. I cut the recipe in half for just my husband and myself. I used regular paprika, but did add in a few drops of liquid smoke. Instead of canned corn, I had leftover corn I had cut off some cobs, so I added that in (I think I did about 2/3C). I agree with other reviewers that this is best served warm or room-temperature. I put our leftovers in the fridge, and the next day they weren't so great... the potatoes were dried out and it just wasn't as tasty cold. Overall, this is a nice change to the traditional potato salad, but since we love our leftovers, I think I'll stick with my other recipes next time."
"This was delicious. I made it for a family get-together and got many compliments from the other family cooks. I used 3 pounds of potatoes and used all the dressing on it. Served it at room temperature, as that fit easier into the process of completing my whole dinner."
"This was ok, but I don't think I will make it again. There was nothing really fantastic about it."
"I've already made this a few times and I love it. I have used green onions, rather than red, just because I like them better. It is wonderful at room temp or warm, but is still okay cooled."
"This recipe was a big hit at a birthday party I went to recently. Was looking for something new and interesting to try and this recipe fit the bill. This dish was full of flavor. The only change I made was to use Fiesta Corn instead of regular corn. Will be making this again. Served at room temperature."
"I am making it again. I made it for the family and am being requested to do it again. Great flavors and a nice twist on a standard."
"Again. doesn't cut it! I would make it again, again and again! I used a part of a container of Kraft Cooking Creme Cheese Original, because that is what I had on hand amd it was WONDERFUL!"
"I used 3lbs of potatoes and put all the dressing on. I thought it was tasty, and a really nice counter point to the spicy burgers we served with it."