Contest-Winning Pumpkin Coffee Cake Recipe
- 1 package (16 ounces) pound cake mix
- 3/4 cup canned pumpkin
- 6 tablespoons water
- 2 eggs
- 2 teaspoons pumpkin pie spice
- 1 teaspoon baking soda
- 1/2 cup chopped walnuts
- 1/2 cup packed brown sugar
- 1/4 cup all-purpose flour
- 3 teaspoons butter, melted
- 1. In a large bowl, combine the first six ingredients; beat on low speed for 30 seconds. Beat on medium for 2 minutes. Pour half of the pumpkin mixture into a greased 9-in. square baking pan.
- 2. In a small bowl, combine the topping ingredients; sprinkle half over the batter. Carefully spread with remaining batter. Sprinkle with remaining topping (pan will be full).
- 3. Bake at 350° for 35-40 minutes or until a toothpick inserted in the center comes out clean. Cool on a wire rack. Yield: 9 servings.
1 each: 385 calories, 18g fat (5g saturated fat), 79mg cholesterol, 366mg sodium, 51g carbohydrate (35g sugars, 1g fiber), 7g protein.
Reviews for Contest-Winning Pumpkin Coffee Cake
"Perfect as is. A hit with everyone."
"This was a great recipe! It was very moist and tasty. The only thing I did was add a 1/2 a cup of pumpkin morsels and drizzled the cake with a glaze. This is a keeper!"
"delicious! Followed the recipe, as-is."
"easy to make, delicious to eat! Will make this again for sure."
"I first had made it when it was featured in quick Cooking, March/April 2005. I just topped the batter with the topping-I didn't layer it! I was pleased with the results! This is a great recipe to use and I thank you, Sarah, for sharing it! delowenstein"
"Very simple to make. Nice taste, not too sweet! Definetly a hit at my house!!"
"easy to make and everyone loved it."
"This we absolutely delicious. I had an almond flavored pound cake, and I added some golden raisins in the mix. I also was a bit generous w/ the pumpkin as we had a lot left over from another recipe. I will definitely make this again!"
"easy and delicious! Made this, but froze it for later. What a great recipe. Everyone loved it and one friend loved it so much she showed up the next day with a self addressed envelope for me to send her it."
"Make this coffee cake a lot in the fall and winter. My husband loves it."
"easy to make and everybody loved it."
"Very good, also made exactly as recipe and it is delicious !!!"
"This was very good! I added more of the filling to the center of the cake, family loves this!"
"This recipe was delicious and also very easy to prepare. I followed the directions exactly making no changes and loved it. I will make it again."