Contest-Winning Pumpkin Coffee Cake
Total TimePrep: 15 min. Bake: 35 min. + cooling
- 1 package (16 ounces) pound cake mix
- 3/4 cup canned pumpkin
- 6 tablespoons water
- 2 large Eggland's Best eggs
- 2 teaspoons pumpkin pie spice
- 1 teaspoon baking soda
- 1/2 cup chopped walnuts
- 1/2 cup packed brown sugar
- 1/4 cup all-purpose flour
- 3 teaspoons butter, melted
- In a large bowl, combine the first six ingredients; beat on low speed for 30 seconds. Beat on medium for 2 minutes. Pour half the pumpkin mixture into a greased 9-in. square baking pan.
- In a small bowl, combine the topping ingredients; sprinkle half over the batter. Carefully spread with remaining batter. Sprinkle with remaining topping (pan will be full).
- Bake at 350° for 35-40 minutes or until a toothpick inserted in the center comes out clean. Cool on a wire rack.
Nutrition Facts1 piece: 385 calories, 18g fat (5g saturated fat), 79mg cholesterol, 366mg sodium, 51g carbohydrate (35g sugars, 1g fiber), 7g protein.
Follow along as we show you how to make these fantastic recipes from our archive.
Nov 3, 2017
This was soooo good. It's super easy to make and the streusel topping is perfection. Have copies of this recipe on hand as you will be asked for it.
Oct 12, 2017
Made this for my book club, everyone loved it. It is moist and wonderful. Everyone wanted another piece.
Jul 14, 2017
Made as a cooking project for me and my wee ones one late summer afternoon. Easy enough for the kids to make mostly by themselves and the house sure smelled great while it baked. Can't go wrong with this delicious pumpkin cake. Will keep recipe at the top of my file to make again this fall!
Sep 20, 2016
Perfect as is. A hit with everyone.
Aug 18, 2016
This is a wonderful quick to make impressive coffee cake ! Great in the fall, when it's pumpkin season!
Jan 31, 2016
This was a great recipe! It was very moist and tasty. The only thing I did was add a 1/2 a cup of pumpkin morsels and drizzled the cake with a glaze. This is a keeper!
Dec 21, 2015
delicious! Followed the recipe, as-is.
May 1, 2014
Easy to make, delicious to eat! Will make this again for sure.
Oct 5, 2013
I first had made it when it was featured in Quick Cooking, March/April 2005. I just topped the batter with the topping-I didn't layer it! I was pleased with the results! This is a great recipe to use and I thank you, Sarah, for sharing it! delowenstein
Nov 6, 2012
Very simple to make. Nice taste, not too sweet! Definetly a hit at my house!!