- 1 package (16 ounces) pound cake mix
- 3/4 cup canned pumpkin
- 6 tablespoons water
- 2 eggs
- 2 teaspoons pumpkin pie spice
- 1 teaspoon baking soda
- 1/2 cup chopped walnuts
- 1/2 cup packed brown sugar
- 1/4 cup all-purpose flour
- 3 teaspoons butter, melted
- In a large mixing bowl, combine the first six ingredients. Beat on medium speed for 3 minutes. Pour half of the pumpkin mixture into a greased 9-in. square baking pan.
- Combine the topping ingredients; sprinkle half over the batter. Carefully spread with remaining batter. Sprinkle with remaining topping (pan will be full). Bake at 350° for 35-40 minutes or until a toothpick inserted near the center comes out clean. Cool on a wire rack. Yield: 9 servings.
Reviews forContest-Winning Pumpkin Coffee Cake
"This was soooo good. It's super easy to make and the streusel topping is perfection. Have copies of this recipe on hand as you will be asked for it."
"Made this for my book club, everyone loved it. It is moist and wonderful. Everyone wanted another piece."
"Perfect as is. A hit with everyone."
"This was a great recipe! It was very moist and tasty. The only thing I did was add a 1/2 a cup of pumpkin morsels and drizzled the cake with a glaze. This is a keeper!"
"delicious! Followed the recipe, as-is."
"easy to make, delicious to eat! Will make this again for sure."
"I first had made it when it was featured in quick Cooking, March/April 2005. I just topped the batter with the topping-I didn't layer it! I was pleased with the results! This is a great recipe to use and I thank you, Sarah, for sharing it! delowenstein"
"Very simple to make. Nice taste, not too sweet! Definetly a hit at my house!!"