Contest-Winning Pumpkin Cheesecake Dessert Recipe
- 32 gingersnap cookies, crushed (about 1-1/2 cups)
- 1/4 cup butter, melted
- 5 packages (8 ounces each) cream cheese, softened
- 1 cup sugar
- 1 can (15 ounces) solid-pack pumpkin
- 1 teaspoon ground cinnamon
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 5 large eggs, lightly beaten
- Dash ground nutmeg
- Maple syrup
- Sweetened whipped cream, optional
- 1. In a small bowl, combine gingersnap crumbs and butter. Press onto bottom of a greased 13x9-in. baking dish; set aside.
- 2. In a large bowl, beat cream cheese and sugar until smooth. Beat in the pumpkin, cinnamon and vanilla. Add eggs; beat on low speed just until combined. Pour over crust; sprinkle with nutmeg.
- 3. Bake at 350° for 40-45 minutes or until center is almost set. Cool on a wire rack for 10 minutes. Carefully run a knife around edge of baking dish to loosen; cool 1 hour longer. Refrigerate overnight.
- 4. Cut into squares; serve with syrup and, if desired, sweetened whipped cream. Refrigerate leftovers. Yield: 24 servings.
1 piece (calculated without syrup): 143 calories, 7g fat (4g saturated fat), 60mg cholesterol, 122mg sodium, 17g carbohydrate (12g sugars, 1g fiber), 3g protein.
Reviews for Contest-Winning Pumpkin Cheesecake Dessert
"Wonderful! So easy! I made it for Thanksgiving- everyone from Grandparents to teens loved it. I topped each square with whip cream and a drizzle of maple syrup. The gingerbread crust was so tasty. It traveled well and looked great! Will definitely make it again! I was a hit! Thanks Taste of Home!Susie S."
"Worst webpage to save recipes from an ereader"
"I've made this for Thanksgiving and the gingersnap crust really makes this cheesecake stand out. Delicious!"
"I made this for Thanksgiving and it was a huge hit! Will definitely make again."
"Very nice! Pleasant flavor. Great for potlucks and big family get -togethers. In regards to CCI's comment on nutritional info: if you read it, the info states that 1PIECE (calculated without syrup) contains 7 grams of fat, NOT the entire pan. Read carefully, do the math."
"My cheesecake recipes are really tough to get 5 stars. I LOVE CHEESECAKE!! This was pretty good though, especially one that you can cook in a 13 x 9 pan!?!"
"A keeper !! for years I have been passing the recipe around, everybody loves it. I use store bought ready crust graham pie crust and I omit the maple syrup : )"
"I made this last night after seeing it on Facebook. I have to say I was underwhelmed by it. Even though I added more cinnamon and a little allspice and nutmeg, it just tasted bland to me. My hubby liked it though."