Contest-Winning Pork Chops with Apple Stuffing Recipe
5 1 2
Here's an easy way to dress up plain old pork chops&151;top them with a moist apple stuffing! Apples and pork always seem to go together so well...this makes a wonderful fall meal. —Alta Looney of Howard, Ohio
Recommended: 40 Easy Pork Chop Recipes
VERIFIED BY Taste of Home Test Kitchen
- 1/2 cup all-purpose flour
- 1-1/2 teaspoons salt, divided
- 6 boneless pork loin chops (5 ounces each)
- 3 cups day-old cubed bread, toasted
- 1-1/2 cups chopped peeled tart apples
- 1/2 cup chopped celery
- 1/2 cup chopped onion
- 1 teaspoon poultry seasoning
- 1/4 teaspoon pepper
- 1/3 cup boiling water
- 1 teaspoon butter, melted
- In a large resealable plastic bag, combine flour and 1/2 teaspoon salt. Add pork chops; toss to coat. In a nonstick skillet coated with cooking spray, brown chops for about 3 minutes on each side. Transfer to a shallow 2-1/2-qt. baking dish.
- In a large bowl, combine the bread cubes, apples, celery, onion, poultry seasoning, pepper and remaining salt; toss to coat. Add water and butter; toss to coat.
- Place 1/2 cup of stuffing on each pork chop. Cover and bake at 350° for 30 minutes. Uncover; bake 5-10 minutes longer or until a thermometer reads 160°. Yield: 6 servings.
Originally published as Pork Chops with Apple Stuffing in Light & Tasty October/November 2003, p39
Reviews forContest-Winning Pork Chops with Apple Stuffing
Click stars to rate
Any changes to your rating or review will appear where you originally posted your review
Reviewed Apr. 20, 2010
"This was great! I was a little worried the stuffing would be dry, but it was perfect. I sprinkled the top with a few dried cranberries to add some color. Tasted delicious!"