Contest-Winning Pork Chops with Apple Stuffing
Total TimePrep: 20 min. Bake: 30 min.
- 1/2 cup all-purpose flour
- 1-1/2 teaspoons salt, divided
- 6 boneless pork loin chops (5 ounces each)
- 3 cups day-old cubed bread, toasted
- 1-1/2 cups chopped peeled tart apples
- 1/2 cup chopped celery
- 1/2 cup chopped onion
- 1 teaspoon poultry seasoning
- 1/4 teaspoon pepper
- 1/3 cup boiling water
- 1 teaspoon butter, melted
- In a large resealable plastic bag, combine flour and 1/2 teaspoon salt. Add pork chops; toss to coat. In a nonstick skillet coated with cooking spray, brown chops for about 3 minutes on each side. Transfer to a shallow 2-1/2-qt. baking dish.
- In a large bowl, combine the bread cubes, apples, celery, onion, poultry seasoning, pepper and remaining salt; toss to coat. Add water and butter; toss to coat.
- Place 1/2 cup of stuffing on each pork chop. Cover and bake at 350° for 30 minutes. Uncover; bake 5-10 minutes longer or until a thermometer reads 160°.
Nutrition Facts1 each: 345 calories, 11g fat (4g saturated fat), 88mg cholesterol, 787mg sodium, 25g carbohydrate (0 sugars, 2g fiber), 35g protein. Diabetic Exchanges: 4 lean meat, 1 starch, 1/2 fruit.
Aug 21, 2019
This was Good, I think it would have been excellent if the onions and celery were sautéed before mixing with the bread crumbs. Celery was to crunchy for me.
Apr 20, 2010
This was great! I was a little worried the stuffing would be dry, but it was perfect. I sprinkled the top with a few dried cranberries to add some color. Tasted delicious!