Contest-Winning Pork Chops with Apple Stuffing
Here's an easy way to dress up plain old pork chops&151;top them with a moist apple stuffing! Apples and pork always seem to go together so well...this makes a wonderful fall meal. —Alta Looney of Howard, Ohio
Total TimePrep: 20 min. Bake: 30 min.
- 1/2 cup all-purpose flour
- 1-1/2 teaspoons salt, divided
- 6 boneless pork loin chops (5 ounces each)
- 3 cups day-old cubed bread, toasted
- 1-1/2 cups chopped peeled tart apples
- 1/2 cup chopped celery
- 1/2 cup chopped onion
- 1 teaspoon poultry seasoning
- 1/4 teaspoon pepper
- 1/3 cup boiling water
- 1 teaspoon butter, melted
- In a large resealable plastic bag, combine flour and 1/2 teaspoon salt. Add pork chops; toss to coat. In a nonstick skillet coated with cooking spray, brown chops for about 3 minutes on each side. Transfer to a shallow 2-1/2-qt. baking dish.
- In a large bowl, combine the bread cubes, apples, celery, onion, poultry seasoning, pepper and remaining salt; toss to coat. Add water and butter; toss to coat.
- Place 1/2 cup of stuffing on each pork chop. Cover and bake at 350° for 30 minutes. Uncover; bake 5-10 minutes longer or until a thermometer reads 160°.
Nutrition Facts1 each: 345 calories, 11g fat (4g saturated fat), 88mg cholesterol, 787mg sodium, 25g carbohydrate (0 sugars, 2g fiber), 35g protein. Diabetic Exchanges: 4 lean meat, 1 starch, 1/2 fruit.
Apr 20, 2010
This was great! I was a little worried the stuffing would be dry, but it was perfect. I sprinkled the top with a few dried cranberries to add some color. Tasted delicious!