- 1 package (12 ounces) tricolor spiral pasta
- 1 package (10 ounces) refrigerated tricolor tortellini
- 1 jar (7-1/2 ounces) marinated artichoke hearts, undrained
- 1/2 pound fresh broccoli florets (about 1-3/4 cups)
- 12 ounces provolone cheese, cubed
- 12 ounces hard salami, cubed
- 1 medium sweet red pepper, chopped
- 1 medium green pepper, chopped
- 1 can (15 ounces) garbanzo beans or chickpeas, rinsed and drained
- 2 cans (2-1/4 ounces each) sliced ripe olives, drained
- 1 medium red onion, chopped
- 4 garlic cloves, minced
- 2 envelopes Italian salad dressing mix
- Cook spiral pasta and tortellini according to package directions. Drain and rinse in cold water. Place in a large bowl; add the artichokes, broccoli, provolone cheese, salami, peppers, beans, olives, onion and garlic.
- Prepare salad dressing according to package directions; pour over salad and toss to coat. Serve immediately or cover and refrigerate. Yield: 14-16 servings.
Reviews for Contest-Winning Picnic Pasta Salad
"Great recipe! Perfect when you're tired of making the same old potato or macaroni salads. Lots of great flavours that mingle well. Even more delicious as leftovers the next day"
"LOVED this salad and it made a huge amount. Which everyone loved so they could have some the next day. Big hit at my father's 90th birthday celebration!"
"Delicious! Holds up really well for a picnic and everyone loved it!"
"I took a bowl of this to a family potluck get-together today. I made just a few changes: forgot to buy broccoli, so omitted it, added some siced green stuffed olives, used a 7-oz. box of dried tortellini, subbed green onions for the red onion, and left the garlic out. It was still very good! There is a little left over (there was a LOT of food), but it won't last long around here as my daughter and I just love this."
"I have made this recipe for years, as it appeared in a Taste of Home issue previously. We love it. And it makes a large salad for a big group. In fact, I'm getting hungry for it just reading about it!"
"Awesome salad and a great big thanks for all that contributed optional derivatives. For those of you that are chefs by trade or are diy's , we value your input and optional suggestions. They're always welcome. As you know all families have different tastes and preferences."
"This is an amazing salad, just a little expensive to be economical. Taste is really great!"
"butterfly 4183 you changed the recipe almost entirely, no one cares just submit your own recipe are you kidding? get a life the author doesn't need a lecture, i am a seasoned cook and don't need a lecture from you either this a five star *****"
"My family loved it Very flavorful. Keeping this one!"