Contest-Winning Peanut Butter Squares Recipe
- 3/4 cup cold butter (no substitutes), cubed
- 2 squares (1 ounce each) semisweet chocolate
- 1-1/2 cups graham cracker crumbs (about 24 squares)
- 1 cup flaked coconut
- 1/2 cup chopped salted peanuts
- 1/4 cup toasted wheat germ
- 2 packages (8 ounces each) cream cheese, softened
- 3/4 cup sugar
- 2/3 cup chunky peanut butter
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 4 squares (1 ounce each) semisweet chocolate
- 1/4 cup butter
- 1. In a microwave-safe bowl, heat butter and chocolate on high for 1 minute; stir. Microwave 30-60 seconds longer or until melted; stir until smooth. Stir in cracker crumbs, coconut, peanuts and wheat germ. Press into a greased 13-in. x 9-in. pan. Cover and refrigerate for at least 30 minutes.
- 2. In a small mixing bowl, combine filling ingredients; mix well. Spread over crust. Cover and refrigerate for at least 30 minutes.
- 3. In a microwave-safe bowl, heat the chocolate and butter on high for 45 seconds; stir. Microwave 30 seconds longer or until melted; stir until smooth. Pour over filling. Cover and refrigerate for at least 30 minutes or until topping is set. Cut into squares. Refrigerate leftovers. Yield: 4 dozen.
1 each: 121 calories, 9g fat (5g saturated fat), 15mg cholesterol, 97mg sodium, 8g carbohydrate (5g sugars, 1g fiber), 2g protein.
Reviews for Contest-Winning Peanut Butter Squares
"Very yummy and easy to make. My four year old was even able to assist with some of the mixing."
"This was heavenly. The cream cheese really made it great. I left out the wheat germ, but this recipe was great. easy to make."
"This recipe is outstanding. easy to prepare and very tasty. i made it for a family brunch and everyone loved it!"