Contest-Winning Mud Pie Recipe
- 3 ounces semisweet chocolate, chopped
- 1/4 cup sweetened condensed milk
- 1 chocolate crumb crust (8 inches)
- 1/2 cup chopped pecans
- 2 cups cold 2% milk
- 2 packages (3.9 ounces each) instant chocolate pudding mix
- 1 carton (8 ounces) frozen whipped topping, thawed, divided
- 1. In a microwave, melt chocolate; stir in condensed milk until smooth. Pour into crust; sprinkle with pecans.
- 2. In a small bowl, whisk milk and pudding mixes for 2 minutes (mixture will be thick). Carefully spread 1-1/2 cups of pudding mixture over pecans.
- 3. Fold 1/2 cup whipped topping into the remaining pudding mixture; spoon over pudding layer. Top with remaining whipped topping. Chill until set. Yield: 8 servings.
1 slice: 368 calories, 19g fat (9g saturated fat), 12mg cholesterol, 348mg sodium, 44g carbohydrate (29g sugars, 2g fiber), 5g protein.
Reviews for Contest-Winning Mud Pie
"This pie is a chocoholic's delight!"
"This is a REALLY good recipe... thanks for sharing!"