Contest-Winning Mud Pie
Total TimePrep: 15 min. + chilling
- 3 ounces semisweet chocolate, chopped
- 1/4 cup sweetened condensed milk
- 1 chocolate crumb crust (8 inches)
- 1/2 cup chopped pecans
- 2 cups cold 2% milk
- 2 packages (3.9 ounces each) instant chocolate pudding mix
- 1 carton (8 ounces) frozen whipped topping, thawed, divided
- In a microwave, melt chocolate; stir in condensed milk until smooth. Pour into crust; sprinkle with pecans.
- In a small bowl, whisk milk and pudding mixes for 2 minutes (mixture will be thick). Carefully spread 1-1/2 cups of pudding mixture over pecans.
- Fold 1/2 cup whipped topping into the remaining pudding mixture; spoon over pudding layer. Top with remaining whipped topping. Chill until set.
Nutrition Facts1 slice: 368 calories, 19g fat (9g saturated fat), 12mg cholesterol, 348mg sodium, 44g carbohydrate (29g sugars, 2g fiber), 5g protein.
Follow along as we show you how to make these fantastic recipes from our archive.
Dec 1, 2013
I served this as one of several pies at Thanksgiving and it was a big hit! It is easy to make and delicious.
May 8, 2010
This pie is a chocoholic's delight!
Oct 17, 2008
This is a REALLY good recipe... thanks for sharing!