- 12 eggs
- 1 can (12 ounces) evaporated milk
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1/2 teaspoon pepper
- 1/8 teaspoon cayenne pepper, optional
- 1 package (30 ounces) frozen shredded hash brown potatoes, thawed
- 2 cups (8 ounces) shredded cheddar cheese
- 1 large onion, chopped
- 1 medium green pepper, chopped
- 1 cup cubed fully cooked ham
- In a large bowl, combine the eggs, milk, salt, pepper and cayenne if desired. Stir in the potatoes, cheese, onion, green pepper and ham.
- Pour into a greased 13x9-in. baking dish. Bake, uncovered, at 350° for 45-50 minutes or until a knife inserted in the center comes out clean. Yield: 12-15 servings.
Reviews forContest-Winning Hash Brown Casserole
"This recipe is delightfully tasty and filling!!"
"A family favorite! Guests always ask for the recipe."
"This is a great breakfast to make ahead of time for kids going to school. It could use a little kick, but I have one kid that won't eat spicy. You could always add some salsa while eating."
"I made this for a brunch at church. I thought it was great as it is. My husband would prefer less potatoes and more ham. I will try with seasoned sausage next time."
"This is a fabulous recipe and I have made it for 5o girls a camp and for church breakfasts and everyone raves about it!!!"