Contest-Winning Greek Pizza
Total TimePrep/Total Time: 30 min.
- 4 pita breads (6 inches)
- 1 cup reduced-fat ricotta cheese
- 1/2 teaspoon garlic powder
- 1 package (10 ounces) frozen chopped spinach, thawed and squeezed dry
- 3 medium tomatoes, sliced
- 3/4 cup crumbled feta cheese
- 3/4 teaspoon dried basil
- Place pita breads on a baking sheet. Combine ricotta cheese and garlic powder; spread over pitas. Top with spinach, tomatoes, feta cheese and basil.
- Bake at 400° for 12-15 minutes or until bread is lightly browned.
Nutrition Facts1 pizza: 320 calories, 7g fat (4g saturated fat), 26mg cholesterol, 642mg sodium, 46g carbohydrate (7g sugars, 6g fiber), 17g protein. Diabetic Exchanges: 2 starch, 2 vegetable, 1 lean meat, 1 fat.
Jul 31, 2011
I have to admit, I modified it alot. I added a mixture of mint, basil, garlic and onion powder, marjoram and thyme to the ricotta mixture. Then I added chicken and minced garlic and a little olive oil.
Jan 10, 2011
I'm surprised this is a contest winning recipe. I made it exactly as directed. Both my husband and I found it rather bland... and since when is Greek food bland? It definitely seemed to be missing something. A kick. A zing. Something worthy of the Greek name. Artichoke hearts? Fresh basil? Olives? I do, however, like the foundation of this recipe and I only say I'll make this again because I'll use the recipe as a base. However, I will be experimenting with ingredients to add to make it more flavorful. Who says healthy can't have flavor!!!
Follow along as we show you how to make these fantastic recipes from our archive.