Contest-Winning Grandma's Potato Salad Recipe
Many people have told me this is the best potato salad they have ever tasted! This recipe really represents the Midwest to me, because when our summers begin, no outdoor get-together is complete unless it includes potato salad.
- 1-1/2 quarts mayonnaise or salad dressing
- 1/4 cup packed brown sugar
- 1 tablespoon sugar
- 1-1/2 teaspoons vanilla extract
- 1/2 teaspoon prepared mustard
- 1/2 cup milk
- 10 pounds salad potatoes, cooked, peeled and cubed
- 1 dozen hard-cooked eggs, chopped
- 4 stalks celery, chopped
- 5 radishes, sliced
- 1 medium onion, chopped
- 1/3 cup chopped green pepper
- Salt and pepper to taste
- Leaf lettuce
- Chopped parsley
- 1. In a large mixing bowl, combine mayonnaise, sugars, vanilla and mustard. Stir in milk. Gently fold in potatoes, eggs, celery, radishes, onion, green pepper, salt and pepper. Chill several hours or overnight. Serve in a bowl lined with lettuce leaves. Sprinkle paprika and parsley on top. Yield: 6 quarts.
3/4 cup: 425 calories, 35g fat (5g saturated fat), 95mg cholesterol, 259mg sodium, 22g carbohydrate (4g sugars, 2g fiber), 4g protein.
Reviews for Contest-Winning Grandma's Potato Salad
© 2018 RDA Enthusiast Brands, LLC