- 2 tablespoons butter
- 2 tablespoons brown sugar
- 2 tablespoons orange juice
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 1/4 teaspoon ground ginger
- 1/8 teaspoon ground cinnamon
- 6 medium carrots, cut into 1/2-inch slices
- In a small saucepan, melt butter over medium heat. Stir in the brown sugar, orange juice, salt, ginger and cinnamon. Add the carrots; cover and cook for 20-25 minutes or until tender, stirring occasionally. Yield: 4 servings.
Reviews forContest-Winning Glazed Carrot Coins
"Oh my gosh, I could eat these every day. Delicious."
"These are delicious! My kids love cinnamon and these hit the spot. My 5&7year olds gobbled them up."
"My kids normally don't like carrots, but they loved these! So different from any of my other carrot recipes."
"These carrots are easy to prepare and taste wonderful! It makes a great diabetic exchange!! We love them!!"
"Very easy and good. My son and I really liked them but they weren't enough to convert my husband who doesn't really care for cooked carrots. I did not have ginger so just used extra cinnamon."
"I tried this recipe and it was delicious. Then I tried it with parsnips--also delicious!"
"I used this recipe, too! I admit that I DID omit the brown sugar, though, for health issues! I'd also omitted the ginger, but I used the ground cinnamon and 6 to 12 carrots! It's just my Mom & myself, soI used it just for us! I admit that brown sugar DOES give carrots a nice flavor!It IS a dish I keep in the back my my mind when I want to prepare a carrot side dish!Thank you for sharing this recipe, Helen Bethel! Dawn E. Lowenstein"
"I used 2 lbs. baby carrots and doubled the other ingredients here. Very delicious, sweet and good carrot taste."