Contest-Winning Fresh Strawberry Pie Recipe
- 3/4 cup all-purpose flour
- 1/2 cup quick-cooking oats
- 1/2 cup chopped pecans
- 2 tablespoons sugar
- 1/8 teaspoon salt
- 1/2 cup butter, melted
- 3/4 cup sugar
- 2 tablespoons cornstarch
- 1 cup water
- 2 tablespoons light corn syrup
- 2 tablespoons strawberry gelatin powder
- 1 quart fresh strawberries
- 1. In a large bowl, combine the flour, oats, pecans, sugar and salt; stir in the butter until blended. Press onto the bottom and up the sides of a 9-in. pie plate. Bake at 400° for 12-15 minutes or until lightly browned. Cool on a wire rack.
- 2. For filling, combine sugar and cornstarch in a saucepan. Gradually stir in water and corn syrup; bring to a boil over medium heat. Cook and stir for 2 minutes or until thickened. Remove from the heat; stir in gelatin until dissolved. Cool to room temperature.
- 3. Arrange berries in the crust. Carefully pour gelatin mixture over berries. Refrigerate for 2 hours or until set. Refrigerate leftovers. Yield: 6-8 servings.
1 slice: 355 calories, 17g fat (8g saturated fat), 31mg cholesterol, 168mg sodium, 49g carbohydrate (31g sugars, 3g fiber), 4g protein.
Reviews for Contest-Winning Fresh Strawberry Pie
"This pie turned out perfect!! What a fresh strawberry flavor!! I will fix it again!!"
"The crust by itself: BLEH. But together with the rest of the pie was good! I only had "Strawberry Dacquiri" flavored Jell-O, and I think that gave it a slightly off flavor. I look forward to trying it with regular strawberry next time. Also note, this doesn't save well. After a day or two in the fridge, there was some sort of liquid that formed at the bottom of the pie, making the crust a bit soggy. This was a decent, easy recipe, but I'd probably try the various other ones out there before trying this one again."
"Delicious.....added about 1 cup pureed, strained strawberries with one more tablespoon of flavored gelatin to the filling. It was a big hit!"
"Love the filling - use it with my homemade graham cracker crust. Perfect!"
"I found the crust to be tough. But I did like the filling. it was easy enough"
"Soooo good! The crust is fantastic and the filling is perfect!"
"One of the best pies ever!"
"Everything about this recipe was perfect!! Yum- thanks so much!! I will use this recipe many times over!!"
"I've also used this crust and merely changed the jello powder to make fresh peach or raspberry pie and it is delicious. Melissa Patterson"