Contest-Winning Fresh Strawberry Pie
Total TimePrep: 25 min. + chilling Bake: 15 min. + cooling
- 3/4 cup all-purpose flour
- 1/2 cup quick-cooking oats
- 1/2 cup chopped pecans
- 2 tablespoons sugar
- 1/8 teaspoon salt
- 1/2 cup butter, melted
- 3/4 cup sugar
- 2 tablespoons cornstarch
- 1 cup water
- 2 tablespoons light corn syrup
- 2 tablespoons strawberry gelatin powder
- 1 quart fresh strawberries
- In a large bowl, combine the flour, oats, pecans, sugar and salt; stir in the butter until blended. Press onto the bottom and up the sides of a 9-in. pie plate. Bake at 400° for 12-15 minutes or until lightly browned. Cool on a wire rack.
- For filling, combine sugar and cornstarch in a saucepan. Gradually stir in water and corn syrup; bring to a boil over medium heat. Cook and stir for 2 minutes or until thickened. Remove from the heat; stir in gelatin until dissolved. Cool to room temperature.
- Arrange berries in the crust. Carefully pour gelatin mixture over berries. Refrigerate for 2 hours or until set. Refrigerate leftovers.
Nutrition Facts1 slice: 355 calories, 17g fat (8g saturated fat), 31mg cholesterol, 168mg sodium, 49g carbohydrate (31g sugars, 3g fiber), 4g protein.
Follow along as we show you how to make these fantastic recipes from our archive.
Jul 1, 2017
This pie turned out perfect!! What a fresh strawberry flavor!! I will fix it again!!
May 27, 2017
The crust by itself: BLEH. But together with the rest of the pie was good! I only had "Strawberry Dacquiri" flavored Jell-O, and I think that gave it a slightly off flavor. I look forward to trying it with regular strawberry next time. Also note, this doesn't save well. After a day or two in the fridge, there was some sort of liquid that formed at the bottom of the pie, making the crust a bit soggy. This was a decent, easy recipe, but I'd probably try the various other ones out there before trying this one again.
Jun 14, 2015
I like to make strawberry pie in the spring using fresh berries from our patch. This is one of my husband's favorites. Sometimes I use a baked prepared pie crust. Don't use berries that are very juicy or the pie may not set as well.
May 13, 2015
Delicious. My husband ate the pie within 2 days. He said it was the best Pie I had ever cooked. My Strawberry Pie normally has too much Jello and taste like you're eating Jello with Strawberries. Maybe. the Karo Syrup made the pie more creamy . I don't know but I will be keeping the recipe.
Jun 5, 2013
Delicious.....added about 1 cup pureed, strained strawberries with one more tablespoon of flavored gelatin to the filling. It was a big hit!
Apr 16, 2013
Love the filling - use it with my homemade graham cracker crust. Perfect!
Aug 30, 2012
This pie is delicious! The crust is my favorite!! I even use this crust recipe for blueberry pie... everyone loves it!!
Jul 5, 2012
I found the crust to be tough. But I did like the filling. it was easy enough
Aug 10, 2011
Soooo good! The crust is fantastic and the filling is perfect!
Jul 4, 2011
One of the best pies ever!