- 3/4 cup all-purpose flour
- 1/2 cup quick-cooking oats
- 1/2 cup chopped pecans
- 2 tablespoons sugar
- 1/8 teaspoon salt
- 1/2 cup butter or margarine, melted
- 3/4 cup sugar
- 2 tablespoons cornstarch
- 1 cup water
- 2 tablespoons light corn syrup
- 2 tablespoons strawberry gelatin
- 1 quart fresh strawberries
- Whipped cream, optional
- In a bowl, combine the flour, oats, pecans, sugar and salt; stir in the butter until blended. Press onto the bottom and up the sides of a 9-in. pie plate. Bake at 400° for 12-15 minutes or until lightly browned. Cool on a wire rack.
- Meanwhile, combine sugar and cornstarch in a saucepan. Gradually add water and corn syrup; bring to a boil over medium heat. Cook and stir for 2 minutes. Remove from the heat; stir in gelatin until dissolved. Cool to room temperature. Arrange berries in the crust. Carefully pour gelatin mixture over berries. Refrigerate for 2 hours or until set. Serve with whipped cream if desired. Yield: 6-8 servings.
Reviews forContest-Winning Fresh Strawberry Pie
"This pie turned out perfect!! What a fresh strawberry flavor!! I will fix it again!!"
"The crust by itself: BLEH. But together with the rest of the pie was good! I only had "Strawberry Dacquiri" flavored Jell-O, and I think that gave it a slightly off flavor. I look forward to trying it with regular strawberry next time. Also note, this doesn't save well. After a day or two in the fridge, there was some sort of liquid that formed at the bottom of the pie, making the crust a bit soggy. This was a decent, easy recipe, but I'd probably try the various other ones out there before trying this one again."
"Delicious.....added about 1 cup pureed, strained strawberries with one more tablespoon of flavored gelatin to the filling. It was a big hit!"
"Love the filling - use it with my homemade graham cracker crust. Perfect!"
"I found the crust to be tough. But I did like the filling. it was easy enough"
"Soooo good! The crust is fantastic and the filling is perfect!"
"One of the best pies ever!"