- 2 large sweet potatoes, peeled and cubed
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 1/4 teaspoon pepper
- 2 cups cubed cooked turkey breast
- 2 medium apples, cubed
- 1 cup chopped walnuts, toasted
- 4 green onions, thinly sliced
- 1/2 cup raisins
- 1/2 cup minced fresh parsley
- 1/4 cup olive oil
- 2 tablespoons rice vinegar
- 2 tablespoons orange juice
- 2 tablespoons maple syrup
- 1 tablespoon lemon juice
- 2 teaspoons minced fresh gingerroot
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 1/4 teaspoon ground cinnamon
- 1/8 teaspoon ground nutmeg
- 1/8 teaspoon pepper
- Place sweet potatoes in an ungreased 15x10x1-in. baking pan; drizzle with oil and sprinkle with salt and pepper. Toss to coat.
- Bake at 400° for 25-30 minutes or until tender, stirring occasionally. Cool to room temperature.
- In a large bowl, combine the turkey, apples, walnuts, onions, raisins, parsley and sweet potatoes.
- In a small bowl, whisk the dressing ingredients. Pour over turkey mixture; toss to coat. Serve immediately. Yield: 6 servings.
Reviews forContest-Winning Fall Harvest Salad
"very nice, complimentary tastes with varied textures. pretty"
"For those of you who are worried about fat; olive oil and walnuts are condidered 'good fats' and necessary antioxidants."
"cut walnuts to 6 tbs to cut down on fat"
"A wonderful variety of flavors and textures. What a great fall salad!"
"I thought the same thing that revjoannrom828 said. But I had most of the ingredients and am looking for something different for a potluck. I did make some changes because of things I had on hand. I used 1 sweet potato and 1/2 butternut squash. I did not use salt. I used a Jennie-O extra lean turkey breast, dried cranberries instead of raisins, wine vinegar instead of rice vinegar, honey instead of maple syrup. Next time I will use sweet apples and lighten up on the vinegar. Also almonds and yams. It was a good and unusual salad."
"If you really check out the recipe, most of the fat calories are in the dressing and in the walnuts in the salad. Just cut down on the nuts or omit completely and also use a similar type low fat or fat free dressing to cut back on calories. Otherwise, it's an extremely healthy sounding salad with lots of good for you things in it."
"Why so many calories & high fat. I would't make this just for all that. There has to be a way to cut down the calories & fat."