Contest-Winning Eggnog Pumpkin Pie Recipe
- 1-1/4 cups all-purpose flour
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 3 tablespoons shortening, cubed
- 3 tablespoons cold butter, cubed
- 3 to 4 tablespoons cold water
- 2 large eggs
- 1 can (15 ounces) solid-pack pumpkin
- 1 cup eggnog
- 1/2 cup sugar
- 1 teaspoon ground cinnamon
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/2 teaspoon ground ginger
- 1/2 teaspoon ground nutmeg
- 1/4 teaspoon ground cloves
- 1/2 cup packed brown sugar
- 2 tablespoons butter, softened
- 1/2 cup chopped pecans
- 1. In a food processor, combine flour and salt; cover and pulse to blend. Add shortening and butter; cover and pulse until mixture resembles coarse crumbs. While processing, gradually add water until dough forms a ball. Wrap in plastic wrap. Refrigerate for 1 to 1-1/2 hours or until easy to handle.
- 2. Roll out pastry to fit a 9-in. pie plate. Transfer pastry to pie plate. Trim pastry to 1/2 in. beyond edge of plate; flute edges.
- 3. In a large bowl, whisk the eggs, pumpkin, eggnog, sugar, cinnamon, salt, ginger, nutmeg and cloves until blended. Pour into crust.
- 4. In a small bowl, beat brown sugar and butter until crumbly, about 2 minutes. Stir in pecans; sprinkle over filling.
- 5. Bake at 350° for 50-60 minutes or until a knife inserted in the center comes out clean. Cool on a wire rack. Refrigerate leftovers. Yield: 8 servings.
1 piece: 408 calories, 21g fat (8g saturated fat), 90mg cholesterol, 315mg sodium, 51g carbohydrate (31g sugars, 4g fiber), 6g protein.
Reviews for Contest-Winning Eggnog Pumpkin Pie
"Love this recipe, I will be making it again this year"
"Delicious! The only change I make is minor - leaving out the cloves. This is a combination pie that actually works. My family is snobby about pumpkin pies and we ALL loved this. The eggnog is not noticeable it just makes the pumpkin better. Great smooth texture. If you are busy, use a frozen pie crust and crank these out easily!"
"I wasn't sure about this recipe because I am not a big fan of egg nog, however, the eggnog is very mild in this pie. It was absolutely wonderful, and I would definitely recommend it!"
"I made two of these this Thanksgiving. Everyone raved about them! They are so delicious!!"