Contest-Winning Eggnog Pumpkin Pie
Total TimePrep: 40 min. + chilling Bake: 50 min. + cooling
- 1-1/4 cups all-purpose flour
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 3 tablespoons shortening, cubed
- 3 tablespoons cold butter, cubed
- 3 to 4 tablespoons cold water
- 2 large eggs
- 1 can (15 ounces) solid-pack pumpkin
- 1 cup eggnog
- 1/2 cup sugar
- 1 teaspoon ground cinnamon
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/2 teaspoon ground ginger
- 1/2 teaspoon ground nutmeg
- 1/4 teaspoon ground cloves
- 1/2 cup packed brown sugar
- 2 tablespoons butter, softened
- 1/2 cup chopped pecans
- In a food processor, combine flour and salt; cover and pulse to blend. Add shortening and butter; cover and pulse until mixture resembles coarse crumbs. While processing, gradually add water until dough forms a ball. Wrap in plastic. Refrigerate for 1 to 1-1/2 hours or until easy to handle.
- Roll out pastry to fit a 9-in. pie plate. Transfer pastry to pie plate. Trim pastry to 1/2 in. beyond edge of plate; flute edges.
- In a large bowl, whisk the eggs, pumpkin, eggnog, sugar, cinnamon, salt, ginger, nutmeg and cloves until blended. Pour into crust.
- In a small bowl, beat brown sugar and butter until crumbly, about 2 minutes. Stir in pecans; sprinkle over filling.
- Bake at 350° for 50-60 minutes or until a knife inserted in the center comes out clean. Cool on a wire rack. Refrigerate leftovers.
Editor's NoteThis recipe was tested with commercially prepared eggnog.
Nutrition Facts1 piece: 408 calories, 21g fat (8g saturated fat), 90mg cholesterol, 315mg sodium, 51g carbohydrate (31g sugars, 4g fiber), 6g protein.
Nov 1, 2016
I had both some eggnog and pumpkin to use up, so I tried this recipe. Actually, I don't care much for pumpkin pie, but this was great! No more ordinary pumpkin pie from my oven!
Nov 29, 2013
Great Thanksgiving pie. The eggnog taste wasn't overpowering; the longer it sat, the less eggnog flavor came through. We omitted the nuts because we didn't have any and the pie was still great.
Nov 21, 2013
Love this recipe, I will be making it again this year
Nov 24, 2012
this pie sums up the flavors of fall/winter wonderfully. After this pie, I'm not going to want to make a plain pumpkin pie ever again! I saved a few calories and used light eggnog and it still came out perfectly
Nov 12, 2012
Jul 31, 2012
Lovely Pie! Similar to Pumpkin Eggnog Pie but the nuts are great! However there are many people that do not like the nuts!
Aug 20, 2010
Delicious! The only change I make is minor - leaving out the cloves. This is a combination pie that actually works. My family is snobby about pumpkin pies and we ALL loved this. The eggnog is not noticeable it just makes the pumpkin better. Great smooth texture. If you are busy, use a frozen pie crust and crank these out easily!
Nov 26, 2009
I wasn't sure about this recipe because I am not a big fan of egg nog, however, the eggnog is very mild in this pie. It was absolutely wonderful, and I would definitely recommend it!
Sep 16, 2009
My cousin loves egg nog and pumpkin pie so I made this for Thanksgiving for him. I don't really like pumpkin pie but this was fabulous!
Nov 30, 2008
I made two of these this Thanksgiving. Everyone raved about them! They are so delicious!!
Follow along as we show you how to make these fantastic recipes from our archive.