Contest-Winning Curried Chicken Salad
"This is a cool lunch for a hot day," writes Joslyn Stock from Hampton, Iowa. "The flavor offers a nice twist on a traditional chicken salad and I couldn't even tell that it was made with yogurt instead of mayonnaise!"
Total TimePrep/Total Time: 25 min.
- 2 boneless skinless chicken breast halves (4 ounces each)
- 3/4 cup diced nectarine
- 1/4 cup sliced green onions
- 1/4 cup raisins
- 1/3 cup plain yogurt
- 1-1/2 teaspoons honey
- 1/2 teaspoon curry powder
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 6 lettuce leaves
- 2 tablespoons chopped walnuts
- Grill chicken, covered, over medium heat or broil 3-4 in. from heat for 6-8 minutes on each side or until chicken juices run clear. Cool; shred chicken with two forks.
- In a small bowl, combine the chicken, nectarine, onions and raisins. Combine the yogurt, honey, curry powder and salt. Stir into chicken mixture. Divide lettuce between two salad plates. Top with chicken mixture. Just before serving, sprinkle with walnuts.
Nutrition Facts1-3/4 cups: 300 calories, 9g fat (2g saturated fat), 68mg cholesterol, 376mg sodium, 30g carbohydrate (22g sugars, 3g fiber), 28g protein. Diabetic Exchanges: 3 lean meat, 1 starch, 1 vegetable, 1 fruit, 1 fat.
Originally published as Curried Chicken Salad in Cooking for 2 Summer 2008
Follow along as we show you how to make these fantastic recipes from our archive.