Contest-Winning Colorful Coleslaw
Although raspberry vinegar may seem like an odd ingredient in coleslaw, it adds fresh, fruity flavor. The recipe can easily be doubled for a larger gathering.—Kathy Rairigh, Milford, Indiana
Total TimePrep: 20 min. + chilling
- 7 cups shredded cabbage
- 1 cup cherry tomatoes, halved
- 1/2 cup chopped fresh broccoli
- 1/2 cup chopped zucchini
- 1/4 cup chopped red onion
- 1/4 cup chopped sweet red pepper
- 1/2 cup white wine vinegar
- 1/2 cup canola oil
- 1/3 cup sugar
- 2 teaspoons Dijon mustard
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1 teaspoon celery seed
- 1 teaspoon mustard seed
- 1 teaspoon raspberry vinegar
- In a large bowl, combine the first six ingredients. In a small bowl, whisk the remaining ingredients; pour over salad and toss to coat. Cover and refrigerate for at least 4 hours, stirring occasionally.
Nutrition Facts3/4 cup: 169 calories, 13g fat (1g saturated fat), 0 cholesterol, 303mg sodium, 14g carbohydrate (8g sugars, 2g fiber), 1g protein.
Originally published as Colorful Coleslaw in Holiday & Celebrations Cookbook 2010
Follow along as we show you how to make these fantastic recipes from our archive.