Contest-Winning Chicken Fajitas
Total TimePrep: 15 min. + marinating Cook: 10 min.
- 3/4 cup lime juice
- 1/2 cup olive oil
- 3 garlic cloves, minced
- 2 teaspoons dried oregano
- 1 teaspoon ground cumin
- 1/2 teaspoon pepper
- 1-1/2 pounds boneless skinless chicken breasts, cut into thin strips
- 3 small zucchini, julienned
- 2 small yellow summer squash, julienned
- 2 medium green peppers, julienned
- 2 medium sweet red peppers, julienned
- 12 flour tortillas (10 inches), warmed
- In a small bowl, combine the first six ingredients; divide the mixture between two large resealable plastic bags. Add chicken to one and vegetables to the other; seal bags and turn to coat. Refrigerate for 2-4 hours, turning bags occasionally.
- Drain and discard marinade from chicken and vegetables. In a large skillet over medium heat, saute chicken for 6-7 minutes or until no longer pink; drain. Remove chicken and keep warm. In the same skillet. Saute vegetables for 3-4 minutes or until crisp-tender; drain.
- Spoon chicken and vegetables onto tortillas; fold in sides. Serve immediately.
Nutrition Facts1 each: 299 calories, 10g fat (0 saturated fat), 31mg cholesterol, 301mg sodium, 35g carbohydrate (0 sugars, 0 fiber), 17g protein. Diabetic Exchanges: 2 starch, 1 meat, 1 vegetable, 1 fat.
Aug 15, 2017
Did not follow the veggies exactly as written because I did not have any squash or zucchini on hand. I used one of each: green, red, yellow and orange pepper and 2 medium onions. All was very good!
Jul 17, 2016
Very flavorful!!! I cut the recipe in half since there are only two of us. The lime and the cumin really make this recipe. I added an extra squeeze of lime juice to the vegetables before serving.
May 9, 2016
Served this for Cinco de Mayo this year. It was a hit! Loved it! Thanks for sharing!
Jun 6, 2013
We love this recipe!
Jun 5, 2013
We love this recipe so so yummy!
Dec 26, 2012
Too much lime juice