- 3/4 cup lime juice
- 1/2 cup olive oil
- 3 garlic cloves, minced
- 2 teaspoons dried oregano
- 1 teaspoon ground cumin
- 1/2 teaspoon pepper
- 1-1/2 pounds boneless skinless chicken breasts, cut into thin strips
- 3 small zucchini, julienned
- 2 small yellow summer squash, julienned
- 2 medium green peppers, julienned
- 2 medium sweet red peppers, julienned
- 12 flour tortillas (10 inches), warmed
- In a small bowl, combine the first six ingredients; divide the mixture between two large resealable plastic bags. Add chicken to one and vegetables to the other; seal bags and turn to coat. Refrigerate for 2-4 hours, turning bags occasionally.
- Drain and discard marinade from chicken and vegetables. In a large skillet over medium heat, saute chicken for 6-7 minutes or until no longer pink; drain. Remove chicken and keep warm. In the same skillet. Saute vegetables for 3-4 minutes or until crisp-tender; drain.
- Spoon chicken and vegetables onto tortillas; fold in sides. Serve immediately. Yield: 12 servings.
Reviews forContest-Winning Chicken Fajitas
"Did not follow the veggies exactly as written because I did not have any squash or zucchini on hand. I used one of each: green, red, yellow and orange pepper and 2 medium onions. All was very good!"
"Very flavorful!!! I cut the recipe in half since there are only two of us. The lime and the cumin really make this recipe. I added an extra squeeze of lime juice to the vegetables before serving."
"Served this for Cinco de Mayo this year. It was a hit! Loved it! Thanks for sharing!"
"We love this recipe!"
"We love this recipe so so yummy!"
"Too much lime juice"