Contest-Winning Chicken Chili
My aunt gave me the recipe for this this, practically instant chili. It's a great way to use leftover chicken or turkey. Try sprinkling some crunchy corn chips on top for fun!
Total TimePrep/Total Time: 30 min.
- 2 cans (15 ounces each) great northern beans, rinsed and drained
- 2 jars (16 ounces each) picante sauce
- 4 cups cubed cooked chicken
- 1 to 2 teaspoons ground cumin
- Shredded Monterey Jack cheese
- In a large saucepan, combine the beans, picante sauce, chicken and cumin. Bring to a boil. Reduce heat; cover and simmer for 20 minutes to allow flavors to blend. Sprinkle with cheese.
Nutrition Facts1 cup: 261 calories, 7g fat (2g saturated fat), 83mg cholesterol, 573mg sodium, 15g carbohydrate (3g sugars, 4g fiber), 30g protein.
Originally published as Chicken Chili in Quick Cooking May/June 1998
Follow along as we show you how to make these fantastic recipes from our archive.