Contest-Winning Broccoli Chicken Casserole
Total TimePrep: 15 min. Bake: 30 min.
- 1 package (6 ounces) chicken stuffing mix
- 2 cups cubed cooked chicken
- 1 cup frozen broccoli florets, thawed
- 1 can (10-3/4 ounces) condensed broccoli cheese soup, undiluted
- 1 cup shredded cheddar cheese
- Preheat oven to 350°. Prepare stuffing mix according to package directions, using 1-1/2 cups water.
- In large bowl, combine chicken, broccoli and soup; transfer to a greased 11x7-in. baking dish. Top with stuffing; sprinkle with cheese. Bake, covered, 20 minutes. Uncover; bake 10-15 minutes longer or until heated through. Freeze option: Transfer individual portions of cooled casserole to freezer containers; freeze. To use, partially thaw in refrigerator overnight. Transfer to a microwave-safe dish and microwave, covered, on high until a thermometer inserted in center reads 165°, stirring occasionally and adding a little broth if necessary.
Nutrition Facts1-1/3 cups: 315 calories, 13g fat (6g saturated fat), 66mg cholesterol, 1025mg sodium, 25g carbohydrate (4g sugars, 2g fiber), 23g protein.
Jun 15, 2018
The whole family loved it.
May 19, 2018
Made this for a potluck last night and I thought it was very tasty. A previous reviewer thought it was a little dry so I added a soup can of milk to the chicken mixture. It turned out very creamy and smooth.
May 8, 2018
Very dry. Broccoli cheese soup had same recipe on can. Will not make again.
Apr 23, 2018
Seems to me a very poorly disguised attempt to plagiarize a published recipe, (Stove Top Stuffing). Hard to believe a magazine editor would allow this.
Apr 8, 2018
I enjoyed this recipe! Nice comfort food. The only change I made was cream of chicken soup since that's what I had on hand but definitely a keeper in my house. Granddaughters enjoyed as well.
Mar 2, 2018
Contest winner ? This is VERY close to what is on the Stove Top Stuffing box, except they use cream of chicken soup. But if your in the mood for more of a Divan, add 1 to 2 t. of curry powder(NOT the hot version) and use cream of chicken Soup, undiluted It's ok, but not great.
Feb 23, 2018
Kinda mushy it's like goolia.
Jan 23, 2018
My husband thought this was pretty good but I did not. Despite cooking the broccoli only until crisp-tender, the firmness of the broccoli didn't help this dish seem less mushy. I also had tried to throw in some cashews to give it more crunch but that didn't seem to help much either. Overall it just felt fattening, thick, and mushy, mostly because of the undiluted soup. I bought the lower sodium stuffing but I still felt like it was a salty dish. If I were to try this again, I'd increase the amount of broccoli, lower the amount of stuffing, dilute the soup somehow, and put something crunchy on top. I doubt I'll be making this again however.
Jan 9, 2018
Hubby Loved it! It turned out perfect and I will be making it again. I used a spicy taco cheese and it added just a little kick to it and it was not mushy at all maybe the people who said mushy over steamed their veggies. Thank you for the recipe it is a keeper.
Dec 14, 2017
Not our cup of tea...not as tasty as it looks. Too mushy
Follow along as we show you how to make these fantastic recipes from our archive.