Contest-Winning Blueberry Cream Dessert
Total TimePrep: 20 min. + chilling
- 1 cup sour cream
- 3/4 cup blueberry yogurt
- 1 envelope unflavored gelatin
- 3/4 cup cold water
- 3/4 cup sugar, divided
- 1/2 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 1-1/4 cups graham cracker crumbs
- 6 tablespoons butter, melted
- 1 cup fresh blueberries
- 1/2 cup heavy whipping cream, whipped
- In a small bowl, combine sour cream and yogurt; set aside. In a small saucepan, sprinkle gelatin over cold water; let stand for 1 minute. Add 1/2 cup sugar. Cook and stir over low heat until gelatin is completely dissolved.
- Remove from the heat; stir in vanilla and sour cream mixture until blended. Transfer to a large bowl. Chill until partially set.
- Meanwhile, in a small bowl, combine the graham cracker crumbs, butter and remaining sugar; set aside 1/4 cup for topping. Press the remaining crumb mixture into an ungreased 8-in. square dish; set aside.
- Stir blueberries into gelatin mixture; fold in whipped cream. Spoon into crust. Sprinkle with reserved crumb mixture. Chill until set. Refrigerate leftovers.
Nutrition Facts1 piece: 288 calories, 16g fat (10g saturated fat), 48mg cholesterol, 175mg sodium, 33g carbohydrate (25g sugars, 1g fiber), 3g protein.
Follow along as we show you how to make these fantastic recipes from our archive.
Jul 12, 2012
Really like the taste of this dessert and especially how easy it was to make; being I'm really not into baking :)
Jul 20, 2011
We both loved this dessert. It's so light, and the flavor of the fresh blueberries is enhanced by the not-too-sweet cream. It's also nice that you don't have to bake it, especially when it's 90+ degrees outside.
Apr 25, 2011
I loved this dessert; however, I would use half the graham cracker crust ingredients for the bottom, and I would bake it for 10 or 15 minutes. Also, blueberries are so expensive right now, so I used frozen blueberries and drained them well.