Contest-Winning Baked Potato Pizza
Total TimePrep: 25 min. Bake: 25 min.
- 3 medium potatoes, peeled and cut into 1/8-inch slices
- 1 loaf (1 pound) frozen pizza dough, thawed
- 3 tablespoons reduced-fat butter
- 4 garlic cloves, minced
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 1/4 teaspoon pepper
- 1 cup shredded part-skim mozzarella cheese
- 1/4 cup shredded Parmigiano-Reggiano cheese
- 6 turkey bacon strips, cooked and crumbled
- 2 green onions, chopped
- 2 tablespoons minced chives
- Reduced-fat sour cream, optional
- Place potatoes in a small saucepan and cover with water. Bring to a boil. Reduce heat; cover and simmer for 15 minutes or until tender. Drain and pat dry.
- Unroll dough onto a 14-in. pizza pan coated with cooking spray; flatten dough and build up edges slightly. In a microwave-safe bowl, melt butter with garlic; brush over dough.
- Arrange potato slices in a single layer over dough; sprinkle with salt and pepper. Top with cheeses. Bake at 400° for 22-28 minutes or until crust is golden and cheese is melted.
- Sprinkle with bacon, onions and chives. Serve with sour cream if desired.
Editor's NoteThis recipe was tested with Land O'Lakes light stick butter.
Nutrition Facts2 pieces: 359 calories, 11g fat (5g saturated fat), 36mg cholesterol, 799mg sodium, 48g carbohydrate (3g sugars, 1g fiber), 14g protein.
Follow along as we show you how to make these fantastic recipes from our archive.
Dec 17, 2012
Wow, this is so good. I didn't change a thing. It tastes like the potato pizza that the Green Mill used to make.
Apr 28, 2011
My husband loves this recipe and i have made it twice since i found it. we use a read to bake pizza dough that already has garlic and herbs in it. It makes for an even more flavorful pizza!!
Oct 26, 2010
Jan 23, 2009
This was delicious and very easy. The only change I made was to use a mix of cheddar and mozzarella as that's what I had on hand. A nice change from regular pizza and the family loved it! Thanks!
Jan 22, 2009
This sounds delicious. Love baked potatoes. Can't wait to try this one.