- 1/4 cup chopped sweet red pepper
- 1/4 cup chopped green pepper
- 2 tablespoons thinly sliced green onion
- 1 tablespoon butter
- 2 cups frozen corn, thawed
- 1 cup frozen lima beans, thawed
- 1/4 cup half-and-half cream
- 2 teaspoons minced fresh marjoram or 1/2 teaspoon dried marjoram
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 1/8 teaspoon pepper
- In a large skillet, saute peppers and onion in butter until vegetables are crisp-tender. Add the remaining ingredients. Bring to a gentle boil. Reduce heat; cover and simmer for 5-6 minutes or until vegetables are tender, stirring occasionally.
3/4 cup: 171 calories, 5g fat (3g saturated fat), 15mg cholesterol, 192mg sodium, 28g carbohydrate (3g sugars, 5g fiber), 6g protein. Diabetic Exchanges: 2 starch, 1 fat.