Confetti Scrambled Eggs
There's nothing like a bright-eyed breakfast to start your day off right. Pretty pepper pieces peek out from these extra-special scrambled eggs.
Total TimePrep/Total Time: 20 min.
- 12 large eggs
- 6 tablespoons half-and-half cream, milk or water
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/4 teaspoon pepper
- 1/2 cup chopped sweet red pepper
- 1/2 cup chopped green pepper
- 2 green onions, chopped
- 2 tablespoons butter
- 1 cup shredded cheddar cheese
- In a bowl, beat the eggs, cream, salt and pepper until combined; set aside.
- In a large skillet, saute the peppers and onions in butter for 2 minutes. Add egg mixture; cook and stir over medium heat until eggs are completely set. Remove from the heat; stir in cheese. Serve immediately.
Nutrition Facts1 each: 416 calories, 31g fat (16g saturated fat), 694mg cholesterol, 725mg sodium, 7g carbohydrate (4g sugars, 1g fiber), 26g protein.
Originally published as Confetti Scrambled Eggs in 2004 Taste of Home Calendar