Confetti Sausage 'N' Rice Recipe
From Canton, Ohio, Carole Magee shares this economical one-dish wonder. "My husband and I came up with this hearty meal when we were on a tight budget," she writes, "It's still one of our favorites today. I even double it for potlucks."
- 1 pound smoked sausage, cut into 1/2-inch slices
- 1 tablespoon butter
- 2 tablespoons chopped onion
- 1/4 cup chopped green pepper
- 1/4 cup chopped sweet red pepper
- 1/4 cup chopped celery
- 2 cups hot water
- 1 cup uncooked long grain rice
- 2/3 cup frozen peas and carrots
- 1 can (4 ounces) mushroom stems and pieces, drained
- 1/4 cup frozen corn
- 2 teaspoons chicken bouillon granules
- 1. In a large skillet, brown sausage in butter; remove with a slotted spoon and keep warm.
- 2. In the drippings, saute the onion, peppers and celery until tender. Stir in the remaining ingredients. Bring to a boil. Reduce heat; cover and simmer for 15 minutes or until rice is tender. Return the sausage to the pan; cook and stir until heated through. Yield: 4 servings.
1 cup: 587 calories, 34g fat (15g saturated fat), 84mg cholesterol, 1864mg sodium, 48g carbohydrate (6g sugars, 3g fiber), 22g protein.
Reviews for Confetti Sausage 'N' Rice
© 2017 RDA Enthusiast Brands, LLC