Confetti Salmon Steaks
In Decatur, Alabama, Mary Kay Dixson relies on her microwave to cook this tender fish in a jiffy. With its sprinkling of bright peppers, the mildly seasoned dish makes a pretty entree for two.
Total TimePrep/Total Time: 10 min.
- 2 salmon steaks (6 ounces each)
- 1/2 teaspoon Worcestershire sauce
- 1/2 teaspoon lemon juice
- 1/2 teaspoon Cajun or Creole seasoning
- 1/4 teaspoon salt, optional
- 1/2 cup diced green pepper
- 1/2 cup diced sweet red pepper
- Place the salmon in an ungreased 8-in. square microwave-safe dish. Rub with Worcestershire sauce and lemon juice; sprinkle with Cajun seasoning and salt if desired. Sprinkle peppers on top.
- Cover and microwave on high for 5-1/2 to 6 minutes, turning once, or until fish flakes easily with a fork. Let stand, covered, for 2 minutes.
Editor's NoteThe following spices may be substituted for 1 teaspoon Creole seasoning: 1/4 teaspoon each salt, garlic powder and paprika; and a pinch each of dried thyme, ground cumin and cayenne pepper.
This recipe was tested in a 1,100-watt microwave.
Nutrition Facts1 each: 192 calories, 9g fat (0 saturated fat), 68mg cholesterol, 185mg sodium, 5g carbohydrate (0 sugars, 0 fiber), 22g protein. Diabetic Exchanges: 3 lean meat, 1 vegetable.
Originally published as Confetti Salmon Steaks in Quick Cooking May/June 1999
Follow along as we show you how to make these fantastic recipes from our archive.