Confetti Pork Chops
When time is tight, Joan Rose of Langley, British Columbia depends on this fast-to-fix pork chop dish flavored with marjoram. "A helping of this casserole, with its bright blend of vegetables, looks beautiful over a bed of fluffy white rice," she notes.
Total TimePrep: 25 min. Bake: 15 min.
- 1 large onion, halved and sliced
- 1/2 cup chopped green pepper
- 1/2 cup chopped sweet red pepper
- 1 tablespoon stick margarine
- 1 can (28 ounces) no-salt-added tomatoes, drained and chopped
- 1 cup frozen corn, thawed
- 1/2 teaspoon dried marjoram
- 4 boneless pork chops (1 pound), trimmed
- Hot cooked rice, optional
- In a large nonstick skillet, saute onion and peppers in margarine until tender. Stir in tomatoes, corn and marjoram; mix well. Cook 5 minutes longer or until heated through. Pour vegetable mixture into an ungreased 9-in. square baking dish; set aside.
- In the same skillet, brown pork chops for 2-3 minutes on each side. Arrange over tomato mixture. Cover and bake at 350° for 15-20 minutes or until meat juices run clear. Serve over rice if desired.
Nutrition Facts1 each: 279 calories, 9g fat (3g saturated fat), 63mg cholesterol, 335mg sodium, 25g carbohydrate (0 sugars, 6g fiber), 26g protein. Diabetic Exchanges: 3 meat, 1 starch, 1 vegetable.
Every product is independently selected by our editors. If you buy something through our links, we may earn an affiliate commission.
Originally published as Confetti Pork Chops in Quick Cooking March/April 2001