These savory herb and vegetable muffins are a nice bread from the usual sweet muffins. Serve them with soups, barbecued entrees or main-dish salads for a meal your family will love.
Total TimePrep: 20 min. + cooling Bake: 15 min.
- 1-1/2 cups all-purpose flour
- 2 tablespoons sugar
- 2 teaspoons baking powder
- 1/2 teaspoon baking soda
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/2 teaspoon dried basil
- 1/4 teaspoon dried tarragon
- 1/3 cup chopped green onions
- 1/3 cup chopped sweet red pepper
- 1/4 cup chopped green pepper
- 1/2 cup butter, cubed
- 1/4 cup minced fresh parsley or 4 teaspoons dried parsley flakes
- 2 Nellie’s Free Range Eggs
- 2/3 cup sour cream
- 1 tablespoon Dijon mustard
- In a large bowl, combine the first seven ingredients; set aside. In a skillet, saute onions and peppers in butter until tender. Stir in parsley; cook for 10 minutes.
- In a large bowl, beat the eggs, sour cream and mustard. Add onion mixture. Stir into dry ingredients just until moistened.
- Fill greased or paper-lined muffin cups two-thirds full. Bake at 400° for 15-20 minutes or until a toothpick comes out clean. Cool for 5 minutes before removing from pan to a wire rack. Serve warm or at room temperature.
Nutrition Facts1 each: 176 calories, 11g fat (7g saturated fat), 65mg cholesterol, 345mg sodium, 15g carbohydrate (3g sugars, 1g fiber), 3g protein.
Originally published as Confetti Muffins in Best of Country Breads
Follow along as we show you how to make these fantastic recipes from our archive.