Confetti Meat Loaf
Carrot, celery, parsley and peppers give great color to this meat loaf, while the unique addition of apple makes it moist.
Total TimePrep: 20 min. Bake: 1 hour + standing
- 2 eggs
- 1 tablespoon cider vinegar
- 1/3 cup dry bread crumbs
- 5 bacon strips, cooked and crumbled
- 1/3 cup shredded peeled tart apple
- 1/3 cup grated carrots
- 1/3 cup each chopped celery, onion, green pepper and sweet red pepper
- 3 garlic cloves, minced
- 3 tablespoons dried parsley flakes
- 1-1/4 teaspoons salt
- 1 teaspoon pepper
- 2 pounds ground beef
- In a large bowl, combine the eggs, vinegar, bread crumbs, bacon, apple, vegetables, garlic, parsley, salt and pepper. Crumble beef over the mixture and mix well.
- Pat into a greased 9x5-in. loaf pan. Bake, uncovered, at 350° for 1 hour or until meat is no longer pink and a thermometer reads 160° drain. Let stand 10 minutes before slicing.
Jul 20, 2011
My husband loves this! He said it's his new favorite meatloaf. He had me make it twice in one week.
Jan 12, 2011
Was very moist, almost too much so for my family. Flavour was great though.