- 6 medium red potatoes, cubed
- 3 tablespoons chopped sweet red pepper
- 3 tablespoons chopped green pepper
- 3 tablespoons finely chopped onion
- 3/4 cup shredded Mexican cheese blend
- 3 tablespoons butter, softened
- 1/8 to 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 1/8 to 1/4 teaspoon pepper
- Place potatoes in a large saucepan and cover with water. Bring to a boil. Reduce heat; cover and cook for 5 minutes.
- Add peppers and onion; cook 5 minutes longer or until potatoes and vegetables are tender. Drain; mash potato mixture with the cheese, butter, salt and pepper. Yield: 4 servings.
Reviews forConfetti Mashed Potatoes
"I was a little hesitant about this recipe when I saw that there was no milk to mash the potatoes with, but it was perfect. I love potatoes o'brien and this recipe tastes exactly like that."